June 22, 2012

A good grey day.

Over the last few days I have been slacking with following the dare because or thus I was in a grumpy mood. I know those are the days when I need it most, but alas, I have said it before, those are obviously the once that make it hardest to be a nice person.

Yesterday though was finally one the other days. One that made me feel all around content and which showed me it’s all in the details. Like starting the day with an awesome papaya smoothie. Yup, I can make smoothies now no blender or juicer necessary, just my little Zauberstab* and me. This makes me very happy. The gloomy and grey weather yesterday helped too (you know me, I get a little sick of all the sunshine once in a while here...).
Before work I finally managed to bring my favourite pants and parka to a tailor who will fix them in no time for Zambia. I know that’s such a tiny thing, but I have procrastinated finding one forever, so I came to the office yesterday with an already very sense of accomplishment.
At my desk I got a whole bunch of stuff done which was nice for a dragging winter’s Thursday. To top it all off I got an email from lovely Robyn at Greenpop with a list of activities we can do at the lodge in Zambia, you know, in case I fancy a little helicopter flight over the Falls before breakfast. Yay yay yay. One more week to go! They also shared pictures of the elephants and hippos on the camp site and an owl someone ended up sharing a room with, which I find very Harry Potter and awesome. Now I just have to find myself a giraffe friend there and it will be heaven.

After work I went shopping and got myself a book for the trip. I also caved and bought 50 Shades of Grey. Then I went home and started reading 50 Shades of Grey. And then I read a bit more. You can tell I am still a bit embarrassed by this and I was even more embarrassed when reading certain things. No, not these things. These things were flipping hot. There you have it in writing and I will probably not send today’s blog post to my Dad. It was the writing itself which is so embarrassing that at times it made me blush and get douche chills. The phrase oh my is used so frequently that even Dorothy couldn’t resist to take the author over the knee and give her a hiding and not in the good way she describes so nicely throughout the book. Anyhow, I don’t want to trash it too much, because it was still addicting enough for me to not go to yoga. Ups.

I dragged myself off to teaching though and it was the most fun filled, giggly, wonderful class followed by chicken curry, the best way to end a day ever. More of such beautiful grey days please!

*In case anyone puts this word into Google Translate and comes out with a slightly…dubious…translation – it is just a handheld blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...