May 23, 2012

Cannes cancan.

In honour of my fabulous cousin Thekla who just landed in the sunny South of France, I thought I should do a quick Cannes post.
Also the fact that style.com actually posted this picture of some Buddhist monks. 

I am not sure how it is related to all the glitz and glamour of Cannes, but it sure seems an appropriate welcome for Thekla. Considering that her husband is Buddhist, I thought this would make her feel right at home.

Other than that I assembled some random Cannes facts for no other reason than the sheer amusement of it…

1. Even in the rain, the red carpet in Cannes looks glam and walk-worthy. I want to go!


2. Brad Pitt seems a bit random in his choice of hand to autograph these days.

I mean, can we talk about these nails? Caroline (which one I wonder), please find yourself a new manicurist!

3. I didn’t really know who Jessica Chastain was before Cannes, but I think she is the best dressed all around this year. Just look at her…

 Tripple Va-Va-Voom.

4. Diane Kruger as Marie Antoinette. Yawn. Diane Kruger all. over. the. freaking. place/ red carpet. Double yawn.
Can you tell I really don’t like her?
Yes, that would explain the lack of picture.

5. I am in love with Marion Cottilard. Officially.
And how could I not?

6. Kirsten – sourface – Stewart inspires me to read: I want to attempt On the Road again.
Who would have thought this girl can inspire me to do anything at all? 
She might not even prevent me from watching the movie.

7. Prada surprises me again with some awesome evening wear, but why does she look like she hit a tornado? The hair…the dress almost coming off…pity that.

8. I think my uncle would agree: Jane Fonda has spunk! 


9. Not all alligator skin is good alligator skin:

This simply takes worst dressed ever. I think she knows it, trying to put on a brave face. I guess that’s all she could do at this point.

10. I would do Cannes really well. Hanging with my pals Adrien and such.
Chez Pucci and hat. On a yacht. Of course.

 Yes, I would do very well at Cannes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my Darling!!! I haven't been Cannes yet - but did get to Monaco today and it was really pretty but SUPER crowded. I did have the opportunity of going to Cannes to a party last night, but that was just not going to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...