July 5, 2011

Yellow Monday.

Yesterday I all of a sudden had a craving for anything yellow. Maybe inspired by the fresh orange juice and gooseberries at PnP that I felt were going to be really good for my still aching body. It seemed to help instantly as I almost ran out of the house in the evening to do a yoga class, the first since Thursday. When I came back I felt so amazing I drew a little sun on my 30 day challenge board, which admittedly had suffered from a lack of attention due to my lack of attendance.
This morning after long days of suffering (or so it felt like) I rose like phoenix from the ashes and would have put on something yellow if I had anything in my closet. The sunshine outside made up for it and I felt tempted to show a picture of my flat with the new yellow mirror bathed in sunlight. Unfortunately the DIY project didn’t turn out as nice as the inspiration, so now everything will be re-painted in dark blue instead. Of course, it’s me, so it hasn’t happened yet and won’t go with my yellow theme of the day anyhow.

Yellow, here you go. Facts about yellow thanks to Wikipedia and friends.

Shades of Yellow
These words are synonymous with yellow or represent various shades of the color yellow: banana, cadmium yellow, chartreuse, chiffon, cream, golden, goldenrod, khaki, lemon, mellow yellow, saffron, topaz, yellow ocher.
I would like to argue how khaki made it on this list. In which world does khaki have anything to do with yellow??

Yellow in drawings.
The comic book character Green Lantern was afraid of the colour yellow.
Flavaphobia?
13th episode of the Simpsons was called ‘The colour yellow’

Yellow and printed.
Yellow" ("giallo"), in Italy, refers to crime stories, both fictional and real. This association began in about 1930, when the first series of crime novels published in Italy had yellow covers.

The name and concept of "Yellow Pages" came about in 1883, when a printer in Wyoming working on a regular telephone directory ran out of white paper and used yellow paper instead.

Yellow Holidays.
The Christian holiday of Easter is represented by the colors yellow and lavendar because the crocus flower, which is yellow and lavender, blooms in Europe in the spring.
Good luck with that, Easter Bunny! Luckily a crocus can push through the snow.

Yellow Transportation.
In some countries taxicabs are commonly yellow. This practice began in Chicago, where taxi entrepreneur John D. Hertz painted his taxis yellowbased on a University of Chicago study alleging that yellow is the color most easily seen at a distance.

And of course:


Yellow Yoga.
Manipura or Solar Plexus Chakra is representative of vitality and will. When this chakra is open, it acts to empower a person and help them find their personal strength. It will help turn dreams and goals into reality.
Sounds like a plan.

Simply Yellow.
Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. Yellow will advance from surrounding colours and instil optimism and energy, as well as spark creative thoughts.

Seems like I finally had a good craving yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...