April 19, 2011

A non pasta obsession.

Have I made my obsessions with giraffes clear yet? Probably not as I have only written about them once and is a quite recent obsession. I watched Water for Elephants last Saturday and as much as I thought the elephant was really cool, I was in love with giraffe and very jealous that Edward, eh, Jacob (Wow, this is getting confusing, can’t they come up with some new names for the male leads in Hollywood?) got to pat it. Even though most of you would have probably envied the giraffe, which got patted by him, I know...
Recently I stumbled over a website that offers Petite Lap Giraffes for sale. I was intrigued to say the least.  More than anything I really wanted it to be true. Same feeling when I read Harry Potter – I know it’s all make believe, but I really wish it wasn’t, because that would just be incredibly awesome.
In case you haven’t heard about them and wonder what a Petite Lap Giraffe (= PLG) actually is, here from their website:

About Petite Lap Giraffes!
Petite Lap Giraffes are very funny animal that require special care. They need lots of love. Hugs and kisses every day. Otherwise they make tears.

If you have children, petite lap giraffes no problem. If child is loud, the giraffe will be shy, but does not bite. PLG’s are very clean. With training they will go in box like cats. Allergies never a problem.

Size: adult is 76 centimeters, baby is 15 centimeters tall. Weight is 4.5kg unless the giraffe is fat cow then 5.44kg

Diet: distilled water and bonsai tree leaves

Health problems: none. They are the best.

Gestation: 420 days

Living conditions: PLG’s love being indoors in filtered air conditioning. If they can listen to music of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov it is dream.

Grooming: a bubble bath once a week with purified water is all they need.

So just like I am still hoping I will one day be able to flick my hand to make something fly, I am still hoping that the website isn’t just an elaborate hoax and I will find $ 16,000 to buy my own little giraffe. I shall call it Mowgli. Yes, I do know that giraffes don’t live in the jungle, but I think it would be really cute name and he would wear a little bandana with his name tag around the neck.
Before anyone gets worried about my state of sanity, I do not constantly think about that and the name Mowgli really just popped into my head now. So did the idea of a newsboy cap I think he should wear, matching the bandana.
Either way I am only on place 937,461 on the waiting list – the next baby is going to a prince of some sort (I do wonder whether it could be a wedding gift for Prince William and Kate).
This morning I was feeling quite flattered for a second, because I got my first email ever from a company offering me deals and gifts for my readers. Wow. They said they are huge fans of my blog. Great. The subject line “Hi!” did strike me as a tad bit unprofessional. Also the fact that they are in the States and I am based in Cape Town, which would make any kind of gift sending a bit tricky, struck me as odd. I did however go to the website to check out the deals as I didn’t want to seem too aloof. One of the deals I found:


I think that is an offer you can’t beat and I was so amazed by their connections that I emailed the lady back and asked her if she would be able to move me up the waiting list if I agreed to a deal. I didn't need a freebie here, because I could afford $100, but the length of wait was a bit scary. I haven’t heard back yet. Maybe she is still working it, checking if Prince William and Kate could wait for their 1st anniversary to get theirs. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Get in line! If you sign up now, you may still come in under the one millionst place on the list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...