January 6, 2013

Number one.

For my number one post in the new year I wanted something special and definitely something happy. Since my trip to Germany was...well, not quite that, I thought I should keep this travel tale for a little later in the year. Luckily I decided to spring clean today and found a print out I had made a while ago. It still seemed utterly fitting for me and also this new year: happy, but not chirpy (you know how I feel about chirpy anything...), a little dark and thus not too 'inspirational quote of the day', and it is one of the few poems I actually like. Maybe because not only do I get it, it seems to get me as well. 

So with the words of Charles Bukowski I wish you all a Happy New Year! May it be ... everything you need it to be.

The Laughing Heart

your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is a light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
know them.
take them.
you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvelous
the gods wait to delight
in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...